Call for submissions!
LOVE POEMS We are searching for Love Poems for our first print anthology. Most of us love someone or something, and are loved, even if we do not fully understand the feeling. Fragmented Voices celebrates diverse writing. We want to read about beautiful love, not only the romanticised and sentimental side of love, but also darker more complex aspects of ‘LOVE’ – shame, lust, the sadness and anger of loving someone who doesn’t love you back….. Love in any form and shape. Poets should send their poetry submissions on the theme of ‘LOVE’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Poets may send a maximum of 3 poems in a single file. Poems should be up to a maximum of 40 lines each. All work must be your own. We accept previously published poetry on the understanding your wprl does not breach the contract or agreement with the other publisher/organiser. Please include a brief biography in the body of your email, including your contact details. The deadline to submit is June 30th 2020.
Submission guidelines for our literary blog:
- Send a Word document to email@example.com. On the subject line please write “Submission” followed by the type of submission, i.e. “Submission Poems”. The usual formatting applies: 12 Times New Roman, spacing 2 for prose, essays, and blogs; spacing 1 for poetry.
- Please include a brief biography, no more than 80 words. Do not forget your contact details.
- Blog entries: on aspects of writing or writer’s life (including poets, scriptwriters etc.). Around 800 words.
- Essays: creative essays or essays related to any interesting subject. Up to 3,000 words.
- Creative non-fiction: Up to 3,000 words.
- Prose: short stories, flash fiction, microfiction, creative non-fiction. Up to 3,000 words.
- Poems: no more than 5 poems, up to 14 lines. Any topic.
- Illustrations. images and photos: send in a format that is printable online.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to pay for these submissions at the moment. This is not the rule for our book publications where the usual contract agreements will apply.
- We accept previously published work or simultaneous submissions. Please inform us if your piece is accepted elsewhere. It is the author’s responsibility to make sure that his previously published or award-winning piece does not breach the contract or agreement with the other publisher/organiser.
- Poetry: 3 – 4 poems, with an outline of a concept for a book, and a structured CV (no more than 2 pages) with a focus on the author’s creative life.
- Prose: 2 – 3,000 words, with an outline of genre, and a concept of the book and a structured CV (no more than 2 pages) with a focus on the author’s creative life.
- Format your submission with numbered pages, your name, contact details etc. in a Word document. Prose, Times New Roman, pt. 12, spacing 2. Poetry: Times New Roman, pt. 12, spacing 1.
- Anthologies: please follow the guidelines for our anthologies when we advertise them.
- Please send the submission to our email address with your category (Prose, Poetry, Anthology) clearly stated in the subject of the email.