Submissions now closed!
Love Anthology 2020
Deadline: 30th June 2020 – Passed
We are searching for poems for our first anthology on the theme of ‘Love’, which we are delighted to offer in print and digital form. Want to be accepted? We get excited when we read fresh, dynamic writing – the unexpected, the shocking, the human. We don’t just want to see the romantic and sentimental, but the darker, gritty, complicated aspects of what it is to love and be loved.
- All work must be your own.
- Send a maximum of 3 poems in a single file.
- Poems can be up to a maximum of 40 lines each.
- You may send previously published work as long as it doesn’t breach your contract.
- Please include a short bio (80 words max.) and your contact details in the body of your email.
- Send your poems and bio to email@example.com
‘Graphic #9’, Greg Morissey
- Send a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject line please write “Submission” followed by the type of submission, i.e. “Submission Poems”. The usual formatting applies: 12 Times New Roman, spacing 2 for prose, essays, and blogs; spacing 1 for poetry.
- Please include a brief biography, no more than 80 words. Do not forget your contact details.
- Blog entries: on aspects of writing or writer’s life (including poets, scriptwriters etc.). Around 800 words.
- Essays: creative essays or essays related to any interesting subject. Up to 3,000 words.
- Creative non-fiction: Up to 3,000 words.
- Prose: short stories, flash fiction, microfiction, creative non-fiction. Up to 3,000 words.
- Poems: no more than 5 poems, up to 14 lines. Any topic.
- Illustrations. images and photos: send in a format that is printable online.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to pay for these submissions at the moment. This is not the rule for our book publications where the usual contract agreements will apply.
- We accept previously published work or simultaneous submissions. Please inform us if your piece is accepted elsewhere. It is the author’s responsibility to make sure that his previously published or award-winning piece does not breach the contract or agreement with the other publisher/organiser.
- Poetry: 3 – 4 poems, with an outline of a concept for a book, and a structured CV (no more than 2 pages) with a focus on the author’s creative life.
- Prose: 2 – 3,000 words, with an outline of genre, and a concept of the book and a structured CV (no more than 2 pages) with a focus on the author’s creative life.
- Format your submission with numbered pages, your name, contact details etc. in a Word document. Prose, Times New Roman, pt. 12, spacing 2. Poetry: Times New Roman, pt. 12, spacing 1.
- Anthologies: please follow the guidelines for our anthologies when we advertise them.
- Please send the submission to our email address with your category (Prose, Poetry, Anthology) clearly stated in the subject of the email.